STANDING RULE ADOPTED ON MAY 30, 2015
"An Area Vice President must endeavor to attend every board meeting. If unable to attend, she must make an effort to send a proxy. Any Area VP who misses two (2) consecutive meetings without a valid explanation will be considered for removal from her position."
APPROVED BY THE TFRW BOARD OF DIRECTORS ON May 31, 2014
Standing rules outline the procedures of the association with specific details that are not included in the bylaws and that must not conflict with the bylaws. Standing Rules are a board document that formalize how decisions can be made and business conducted. Unlike bylaws which can be changed only by membership, standing rules can be changed more easily, usually by a majority vote of the board at a regularly scheduled board meeting.
1. The President's and Treasurer's signatures are required for transactions over $1000.
2. All reimbursement requests must be filed at the next board meeting following the date the transaction occurred.
3. TFRW debit/credit card transactions are to be treated the same as checking and other financial transactions except when securing services and arrangements for approved TFRW functions.
4. No TFRW officer or member has authority to move monies in accounts without approval of the Executive Board; the approval shall be reflected in the minutes.
5. The TFRW follows the in NFRW bylaws when the TFRW Bylaws are silent on an issue.
6. It is preferred that the office of president rotates from West to Middle to East.
7. The TFRW Biennial Convention shall rotate from West to East to Middle region.
8. All TFRW board meetings are to be held in the Nashville region within a 50 mile radius.
9. No member can hold two voting positions on the TFRW Board of Directors simultaneously.