You are invited to join us for our
Biennial Luncheon and Silent Auction
Barbara McAndrew Iris Fund
(In Conjunction With TFRW Board Meetings)
Saturday, August 20, 2022
Brentwood Country Club
5123 Country Club Drive
Brentwood, TN 37027
Click Here for Map
RSVP By August 13, 2022 – Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mail Checks to:
7629 Foster Ridge
Germantown, TN 38138
9 a.m. CENTRAL time: Executive Committee Meeting
- TFRW Elected Officers
- TFRW Area Vice Presidents. Area VPs unable to attend are required to send a proxy in their place. The proxy must be an active member in good standing residing in the same Area as the Area VP. The proxy has both a voice and a vote. Click Here for Official Area VP Proxy Form
10:00 a.m. CENTRAL time: Board of Directors Meeting
- All Executive Committee attendees
- TFRW Standing Committee Chairs
- TFRW Special Committee Chairs
- TFRW President’s Appointees
- Federated Club Presidents from across Tennessee
- All Federated Republican Women’s Club members are encouraged and welcome to attend.
11:30 a.m. IRIS SILENT AUCTION
11:45 a.m. IRIS LUNCHEON – $60
Agenda items need to be emailed to TFRW President Linda Kollmann at email@example.com no later than Monday, August 15.
** Please note, all Board of Directors meeting reports, including Area Vice President reports, shall be limited to two minutes. You will be timed. Please prepare your report with that two-minute limitation in mind. ***
SILENT AUCTION ITEMS NEEDED
We NEED SILENT AUCTION ITEMS for our Biennial Barbara McAndrew Iris Fund Luncheon and Silent Auction. Each TFRW club is asked to please donate at least one auction item valued at $50 minimum. Individual members are also encouraged to donate items for the silent auction.
AUCTION ITEM DONATION INSTRUCTIONS
Text Item information to Beth Webb, 901-826-6186
- Item description
- Donor or club’s name
- Value and photo of item
- Bring item to luncheon ready to display. We will not provide display props (i.e., for jewelry, art, plates, books, etc.).
- Mark your props if you do not want them to sell with the item. You will be responsible for taking them after the luncheon.
- Please do not bring items to the luncheon that have not been texted to me.
- No last-minute bid sheets that day!
- Deadline for submitting item descriptions—Saturday, August 13, one week before the Luncheon and Silent Auction on August 20.
- Bring your item with you to Brentwood Country Club between 9 a.m. and 10 a.m. central time on 20 August, the date of our Biennial Barbara McAndrew Iris Fund Luncheon and Silent Auction.
QUESTIONS? Email Barbara Trautman at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 901-262-6821.
About The Barbara McAndrew IRIS Fund – History
In November of 1997, the Tennessee Federation of Republican Women (TFRW) Board of Directors established a Political Action Committee (PAC) to provide Republican seeking election to Tennessee’s General Assembly with financial assistance. In honor of the effective and diligent efforts of outgoing TFRW President Barbara McAndrew, the PAC was called the Barbara McAndrew Iris Fund. Barbara McAndrew served on the Iris Fund Committee until her death in 2011. The Iris Fund is managed by a committee of the TFRW. The committee is composed of six members, two from each grand division of the state of Tennessee. The committee works closely with the Tennessee Republican Party and has sole responsibility for distributing monies.
A Biennial Iris Fund Luncheon is held on even numbered years.
The first Iris Fund Committee raised $72,000 and issued the first round of checks on September 4, 1998 to the designated Republican candidates. Every election cycle since, the Iris Fund has continued to provide financial support to Republican candidates.
Each TFRW Federated Club Contributes.
Each TFRW federated club is asked to contribute annually to the Barbara McAndrew Iris Fund. Each TFRW federated club is asked to donate an auction item valued at at least fifty dollars for our Iris Fund Luncheon Silent Auction, or make a monetary donation in lieu of sending an auction item.